Monday, February 5, 2018

Stranger Danger

So my toddler loves everyone. I mean everyone. I keep being told that this is a good thing, but it absolutely terrifies me.

When I was pregnant with her sister, she would go into the office saying hi, waving, and giving hugs to everyone.   She even once walked up to an associate at babies r us and hugged her. What made it worse is that the associate dared to pick her up without even asking. Not cool. The doctors office was one thing since it was towards the end of my pregnancy and we had been there many times, but a stranger in a store? Not good.

I'm terrified that she's going to get away from me one day and get snatched up by someone she thinks is safe. It's not that she gets away from me out in public often, but all it takes is one time. She's quick and it's easy to get distracted when you also have a baby to take care of. For the most part she rides in the buggy when we are in a store but sometimes she just pitches a tantrum and as much as you want to walk out of the store until she's over it, it's a lot of work getting 2 kids in and out of the car to run necessary errands.

I hope that I can get her to understand the concept of stranger danger soon.  I understand that it's a good thing for her not to be shy, but she needs to at least be a little shy for her own safety.  Not everyone is a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usu...