Saturday, September 8, 2018

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usually, it's chicken tacos, but sometimes we try something different.  This week, I decided to try some quesadillas with some canned chicken I had in the pantry because my chicken supply in the freezer has dwindled.  For something that I just threw together for the first time, they actually turned out quite good.  My 2 year old wouldn't even taste them, so I don't know if they are toddler approved, but they are definitely hubby approved.  Here's what I did:

Chicken Taco Quesadillas

Ingredients:
One 10 oz can of shredded chicken
taco seasoning
cheese (I used cheddar because it's what we had.  You can use your cheese of choice.)
Tortillas

Steps:
Spray pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.  
Open your can of shredded chicken and drain it.  
Put chicken into a medium sized mixing bowl. 
Mix in a fair amount of taco seasoning.  You can use a little or a lot depending on your family's preference.  I didn't measure, so I'm not exactly sure how much I put in.
Mix in 1-2 cups of cheese.  Again, I didn't measure, I just poured enough in to where I thought it looked like enough.
Spoon chicken mixture over half of tortilla.
Fold second half over first and place in pan.
Cook each side for about 2 minutes.  This may take more or less time depending on your pan and how well it heats.
Remove from heat, let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usu...