Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Welcome to mommyhood

Have children, they said. There is no greater reward, they said...  They never mentioned how much you have to work for that reward.

I sit here on the bed nursing my 2 week old trying to keep my toddler from smacking her sister in the head with a toy she wants her to play with and getting kicked in the lady parts.  Don't get me wrong, I love my girls, but parenting is a lot more work than I ever expected.  My shirt is covered in a mixture of drool, milk, and sweat but every time I get up to go change it I get distracted or stopped.  There are 3 baskets of clean laundry that need to be folded and put away, a load in the washer, a load in the dryer, and 2 more loads that need to be washed but there just isn't the time.  My Christmas tree is still up because 3 days after Christmas I was admitted into the hospital to have my littlest princess.  Maybe I will get things caught up by summer.  For now, I live a sleep deprived life fueled only by the snuggles and smiles of my girls.  Welcome to mommyhood, it's not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usu...