Friday, August 17, 2018

Momlife is sometimes a craptastic adventure...

After spending 3 hours at the WIC office this morning, I wanted nothing more than to come home, eat lunch, put the girls down for a nap, and relax. Yeah, I know, what was I thinking? For the most part, I was able to do that, except the relax part. After cleaning up the baby’s room, (because she won’t go to sleep without me in there, teething is nasty business...) I remembered that there was a load of towels that I threw in the washer and never started, so I went down to start it and get the load of clothes out of the dryer. When I came back upstairs, I heard my toddler talking in her room. This is not unusual behavior during nap time because she doesn’t want to admit she is tired sometimes. So, I poked my head in there to tell her to settle down and got hit with the horrible poo smell. She hadn’t gone in 3 days so at first, I was happy. Then, I walked over to her crib. Her little fingers were smeared with poo and so was her bed. Somehow she managed to only get a tiny smudge on her white shirt, though... yes, I’m digging at straws to find something good in all this mess.  I stripped her down, threw her in the shower, washed her hands 4 times, scrubbed the rest of her body, then filled up the tub so she could play in the water and not wake her baby sister up while I tried to clean up her mess. Well, baby sister woke up while I was elbow deep in poo anyway. I washed my hands real quick and she is now watching “Coco” because “Moana” wasn’t consoling her for like the fort time ever...

I guess my “me” time for today is me writing this blog post and venting. Hubby wants dinner ready when he gets home...

The moral of the story is, turn the baby monitor on... Always...

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usu...