Tuesday, July 10, 2018

An easy toddler lunch- pizza rolls

If you are like me, you are always looking for new meals to feed the kiddos without breaking the bank.  I came across this recipe for Pepperoni pizza rolls that I just had to try.  When I went to try it, I didn't have the recipe in front of me, though, so I made it my own. 



For my recipe, here's what you need (store brand is fine, I generally get Kroger brand unless there's a sale)

     1- 8oz can of crescent dinner rolls
     3 cheese sticks- you can use shredded mozzarella if you prefer
     pepperoni slices
     Pasta sauce
     1-2 tbsp melted butter
     garlic salt


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees

Prep your cookie sheet.  I usually use tin foil to line mine, but you don't have to.  It's quicker cleanup with tin foil and I'm a busy mom.

Cut your cheese sticks into 3 pieces.

Carefully open your crescent rolls and unroll them.  Beware the pop.  When I'm ready for it, I have to force it.  When I'm not, it scares me...  every time...

Spoon a little sauce inside the crescent roll.  This is optional.  Pillsbury's recipe doesn't do this.  They use the sauce for dipping, but I have a toddler that likes to dip foods and paint her arms with them, so I decided this wasn't the best idea for us.

Place your pepperoni on the crescent roll.  I only use 1 per roll, but you can use 3 and make a triangle with them.  My toddler isn't big on a lot of pepperoni, so less is better for her.  You know what your child will eat.
Add a piece of cheese stick- or shredded cheese should you choose that instead.
Roll your crescents up and place on cookie sheet. 
Spoon on your melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt.   This step is completely optional, but I found that it made them so much better than plain crescents.


Bake for 10-14 minutes depending on what your crescent roll package says.  I put mine in for 11 minutes, but I know it's going to take me 1-2 minutes to get back to the oven when the timer goes off because I use the time they are in the oven to get other things done.
Allow them to cool a bit and pair with whatever sides you want.  Enjoy. 
My toddler ate all of her pizza roll before even touching anything else on her plate, which is quite unusual for her.  Usually goldfish are eaten before she even looks at anything else.  I guess these pizza rolls are a hit. Hope you enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usu...