Monday, June 4, 2018

Day 1

I finally was able to do it.  My last day at my job was yesterday. I am now officially a stay at home mom. I don't know how the finances are going to work out, but my girls need me here. I figured by now I would be ripping my hair out with my toddler, but she's being surprisingly easy on me today. I've been able to get a little bit of housework done and she even played by herself with no tv for a little over an hour. It was blissfully peaceful. 

Like many other moms I've spoken too, I'm guilty of using the tv as a crutch... Often. Maybe it's lazy parenting, but sometimes it's the only way I can get anything done.  My five month old sometimes won't calm down without watching "Moana".  I don't know what it is about that movie. Hopefully now that I'm home and won't be expending all my energy at work, I can limit tv time and get some creativity and learning going in my house. In fact, I'm about to hit pinterest and look up some activities now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usu...