Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Not the mama

It really irks me when I am trying to get my toddler to do something (or stop doing something which is usually the case) and other adults have to chime in. You are not helping. I may make mistakes sometimes because I am, after all, only human, but I am fully capable of raising these tiny humans that I have given birth to. Please let me be. I do not need you to tell my child “listen to your mother” or to repeat the exact command that I have just said. I need you to keep quiet and let me be mama. You repeating what I just said thinking that it’s going to suddenly make her listen actually seems to confuse my child, making it more difficult. You are not the mama. Please keep quiet and let me parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicken taco quesadillas

So, we have a weekly "Taco Tuesday" in our house.  Pretty much it means that we have some sort of Mexican dish every Tuesday.  Usu...